Aug 18, 2017

Book Beginning: On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service by Rhys Bowen

On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service by Rhys Bowen, August 1, 2017, Berkley Books
Genre: Royal Spyness mystery #11
Description: Royal sleuth, Lady Georgiana Rannoch, juggles secret missions from the Queen, Darcy, and her mother. Set in the Italian lake country. 

Book beginning:
Monday April 8, 1935
Kilhenny Castle 

Darcy has gone. Not sure what to do next.

I should have known it was too good to last. 
I had spent the last two months a Kilhenny Castle, Darcy's ancestral home. I had experienced the merriest Christmas I had ever known, with Darcy, his family, and the eccentric Polish princess Zou Zou Zamanska. ...

Page 56:
I must have drifted into sleep because I was awakened by the smallest of sounds. The click of a door latch. It can't be my door, I thought. I remember locking it....

About the book: An Italian villa, a pregnant friend, the Prince of Wales and Mrs. Simpson, and other intrigues. 

Memes: The Friday 56. Grab a book, turn to page 56 or 56% of your eReader. Find any sentence that grabs you. Post it, and add your URL post in Linky at Freda's Voice. Also visit Book Beginning at Rose City Reader.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great series. I've only read the first one. I need to catch up. I'm reading White Hot by Ilona Andrews this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I haven't tried anything by this author before (not that I remember anyway). Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend, Harvee Lau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I hate hearing sounds in the night...I've been eyeing these books, as I love the covers. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “HERE & GONE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing 56!! Sounds good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds fantastic. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really fun book. I will look for it. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds fun. I think that my wife might like it. i am sending her a link to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard how great this series is - I'm going to have to try the first book at least. :)

    My post + my current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also am sad the the very warm weather is coming to an end :(

    The protagonist of Livia Lone sounds different and interesting. In my opinion that kind f a book needs a well thought out detective.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...